Saturday, November 6, 2010

No ultra too tough, No distance too long

This year I set two important goals for myself.

My first goal is a commitment to raise funds for two community libraries. One in the Sanjeevani Nagar area and the other in Bainahalli, Yelahanka. About 200 children and adults will have access to good reading material in English and Kannada at these libraries.

The libraries are supported by India Literacy Project (www.ilpnet.org/Programs/Libraries). Having been part ILP's efforts on literacy and education in other communities for the last few years, I have seen the difference these 'reading' spaces are making to children. My personal goal is to raise Rs.75k.

My second goal is related to the first - In the early morning hours, this children's day (14th Nov,2010), I will be warming up at the starting line of the Bangalore Ultra Marathon- 2010 www.bangaloreultra.com , to raise funds towards these libraries. And sometime during late afternoon, I hope to successfully cross (run/walk/crawl whatever it takes) the finish line, completing a distance of 75 km, a kilometer for every Rs 1000 that I hope to raise.

I am asking your support to help me reach my first goal by making a contribution to India Literacy Project by sponsoring my run. You can do this by making a cheque in the name of India Literacy Project, and mailing it to:

India Literacy Project
3rd Floor Narayani Apartments
No 27, 2nd Cross Ramakrishnappa Layout
Geddalahalli, Sanjaynagar, Bangalore 560094
Office Tel. Number: 080-23519693

For the online transfer, details are as follows:
Bank Name: HDFC bank
Branch Name: Kasturba Road Branch
A/c No: 00091000059611
A/c name: India Literacy Project
IFSC Code: HDFC0000009
All funds raised go directly to the scholarship and library programs and the donor will receive a tax deduction under section 80G of the I-tax act, for which a receipt shall be posted by us to each donor.

No ultra too tough, No distance too long, No dream too big
No contribution too small ….
Running 75 km to raise Rs. 75K.

No comments:

Post a Comment