Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Running 75 Km to Raise Rs 75K for ILP: No ultra too tough, No distance too long

Nov 6th: Saturday morning- the day after Diwali, did a trial run on a trail at GKVK at 5:00 am with a headlamp. Was not a great experience, especially after the headlamp went 'kaput' after the first hour. Luckily it was just a lose connection and it is still usable.
Did my 10 miles and felt good..

Have started receiving response from my facebook wall. Things look promising on the fund raising front.
Nov 7th: Sunday morning: A liesurely run of 10 km with Suresh and Mohan for company.
Sunday evening: Get a moving mail from my a good neighbour, promising her support to the cause

Nov 8th: Started 'tapering down' this week. Got up to the pitter-patter of rain drops and knew that my run was not happening today.
Have been luckier on the fundraising front. Have received pledges from neighbours and friends

Nov 9th: A sunny morning today; very pleasant for running. Completed 6.4 km in my apartment complex and received a lot of encouraging "all the bests" from my neighbours on their morning walk. My last run is tomorrow and then I am resting till race day.

Have reached Rs 20k towards my fundraising goal. 55K more to go and 4 more days to race day!

2 comments:

  1. Jaggu dada:

    Great, just now i had a mail saying that you could reach your target. As ILPian, i am proud to be associated with you. It is because of your commitment, you could achieve this. I am sharing some of the visit photographs we had yesterday with Sanjeevini Nagar Library children for whom you are making this run.

    http://picasaweb.google.com/alrangarajan/ILPSupportedSparshaTrustLibraryAtSanjiviniNagar#

    Ranga, Program Manager, ILP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jagdish,
    I have forwarded your blog to 36 of my friends...Thanks for putting the blog. Wishing you all the best.
    -sashi

    ReplyDelete